Call for papers & Important Dates
Rising like a Phoenix: Emerging from the Pandemic and Reshaping Human Endeavors with Digital Technologies
The past few years have highlighted the critical role of digital technologies in addressing the global challenges, such the pandemic, climate change, and natural disasters. As the pandemic ebbs, the ICIS 2023 theme calls for reflection on the lessons learned and encourages innovative thinking on how digital technologies can further support human endeavors, whether in improving global literacy, health, or shaping the future of work. Join us at the Pearl City of Hyderabad, India, for exciting discussions on how our community can reshape important human pursuits with digital technologies. With a range of tracks, panels, and sessions, ICIS 2023 brings together the best and brightest in scholarship, practice and education to jump- start these conversations.
While this idea is relevant to all tracks, the conference theme track invites forward-looking research examining how digital technologies can help individuals, organizations, societies, and nations build resilience to enhance agility, continuity, and sustainability.
We would also like to highlight a new track at ICIS 2023 – the Practitioner-Oriented Research track aims to bridge academic theory by focusing on essential and unique lessons and recommendations for practice. As usual, ICIS 2023 will also include great Panels, a CIO Symposium, and Professional Development Workshops for research and teaching.
Submit your best work and join us in Hyderabad in December 2023 for a great conference experience!
Benefits of the Conference to Journal Paper Submission Cycle
One of the key benefits of submitting your best upcoming work to ICIS is that AIS conferences are a springboard towards journal publications. There are numerous benefits to authors of leveraging the conference to journal submission cycle of a paper. Click here to learn more.
- Submission Open: February 17 (Fri)
- Submission Deadline: May 4 11:59PM EDT (New York time) (Thurs)
- Acceptance Notification: July 31 (Mon)
- Final Paper Deadline: September 5 (Tue)
- Final Acceptance Notification: September 29 (Fri)
- Doctoral Consortium: December 6-9
- Pre- and Post-Conference Workshops: December 9-10 & 13
- Main Conference: December 10-13
University of Warwick
University of Oklahoma
- Emerging from the Pandemic and Reshaping Human Endeavors with Digital Technologies (Conference Theme Track)
- General IS Topics
- Digital Learning and IS Curricula
- Digital Technologies and the Future of Work
- Societal Impact of Information Systems
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Blockchain, DLT, and Fintech
- Sharing Economy, Platforms, and Crowds
- Human-Technology Interaction
- AI in Business and Society
- IS Design, Development, and Project Management
- IS Implementation and Adoption
- Data Analytics for Business and Societal Challenges
- Digital Innovation, Transformation and Entrepreneurship
- Social Media and Digital Collaboration
- IS in Healthcare
- IoT, Smart Cities, Services, and Government
- Governance, Digital Strategy and Value
- Organizing Business Processes in the Digital Age
- Advances in Methods, Theories, and Philosophy
- User Behavior, Engagement, and Consequences
- Digital and Mobile Commerce
- Practitioner-Oriented Research
Panels, Professional Development Workshops and Paper-A-Thon
- Professional Development Workshops
For more information about the tracks and special events, see track descriptions.
Best Paper Awards
|Best Paper in Track Award
|Best Overall Conference Paper Award – in Honor of TP Liang
|PCs or their delegates select from among Best Paper in Track award recipients
|Best Design Science Award – in Recognition of Nunamaker-Chen Award
|Best Short Paper Award – in Honor of TP Liang
|Best Student Paper Award – in Honor of TP Liang
|Best Paper Award on Information Systems, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship sponsored by Kauffman Foundation.
|Best Student Paper Award on Information Systems, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship sponsored by Kauffman Foundation.
Journal Publication Policy
The AIS Policy on Conference and Journal Publication encourages conference papers to be published in journals. This policy applies to AIS conferences (there are no copyright issues to prevent your AIS conference paper from being published in any journal (AIS or not)), and to AIS journals (there are no restrictions preventing you from submitting your conference paper to an AIS journal). Many non-AIS journals have similar policies, so you can submit your AIS conference paper to them. The policy and list of non-AIS journals with similar policies, is available at the Policy page.